Courses & certifications
Grow as an educator in the home and/or classroom.
- Gain confidence in Mason’s core principles and methods to implement them in your context.
- Grow in understanding the “why” behind Mason’s methods.
- Discuss practical strategies for lesson planning, teacher prep, scheduling, and classroom management.
- Interact with other Mason educators and experts to glean encouragement and insight.
- On completion, receive a certificate for 28 Professional Development hours and fulfill a requirement toward Charlotte Mason Certified™ and Charlotte Mason Trained™ CMI teacher certifications.
Educators looking for a Charlotte Mason certification can complete either the Basic or Advanced Certificate at their own pace by fulfilling a standard set of qualifications. These include readings, courses, written papers, and observation. Certificates are tailored for the general Mason educator desiring to
Blue Open Door brings a course of study for aspiring and active teachers and educational leaders in Charlotte Mason-based homes and schools. It is an intentional 15-18 month course of study offered in an online format and focused on bringing Charlotte Mason’s principles and practices to bear on two key roles in educational contexts – teachers and school leaders. It is designed to be challenging and rigorous in terms of thinking and pedagogy.
The program consists of seven content-based 6-week courses over 13 months with a Capstone Culmination project lasting approximately 3 months. Studies lead to a CMI renewable Certificate as a Charlotte Mason Trained™ teacher.
- Sep - Oct: The Nature of the Learner (BOD #1)
- Oct - Dec: The Nature of Learning (BOD #2)
- Jan - Feb: The Relational School (BOD #3)
- Mar - Apr: Knowledge of God, Design of instruction (TEA #4A or #4B) OR Nature/Role of School Head (EDL #4B)
- May - Jun: Knowledge of Man I (liberal arts – literature, language arts, etc.) (TEA #5) OR Mission, Vision, Values (EDL #5)
- Jun - July: Knowledge of Man II (culture – history, geography, art, music, etc. (#TEA 6) OR Professional Learning and Evaluation of Teachers (EDL #6)
- Aug - Sep: Knowledge of the Universe (Sciences, maths, etc.) (TEA #7) OR School Growth and Improvement (EDL #7)